Friday, October 06, 2006

Now, this is one of the reasons I like the idea of re-reading Lord of the Rings along the calendar. We all know Frodo was stabbed, and that sucked, and it hurt a bunch. But it's never really gotten through (at least to me), just how long he spent wandering the countryside with shadow-knife stuck in him. He was stabbed on Oct. 6, late in the evening/night, which is today. He arrived in Rivendell on the 20th -- two weeks later. That happens in like two chapters of the book, time scale is lost. Even in re-reading today, I accidentally slipped in the events of tomorrow, when Strider returns from tracking the Riders and seeks the athelas. So I'll read that again tomorrow, and intersperse the travelling through the two weeks, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home