Wednesday, December 20, 2006

"dum dwee dum dum dum dwee dow"

Okay, so, I said I would post a picture of my poster now that it's framed. Well, here it is. You can see the personalization on the left-hand side, above Peter's foot.

Anyway, even more exciting is what was delivered to my door just half-an-hour ago, in the dim darkness. It's my anniversary edition of The Lord of the Rings! It's leather-bound, with red lettering, like a Bible or something. Check out the cover without the slipcase. It looks great. And the gilt-edged pages are awesome, and super-shiny.

So, yes, exciting. I read the new prefaces, concerning the history of the emendations on the text, and re-read the portion just before the company leaves Rivendell -- remember, the nine walkers leave in five more days!

powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home