Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I don't have an awful lot to talk about today. What could possibly be the last of these storms, for a while, has passed through. Until yesterday we were flooded in, trapped, though my dad tried several routes out. It rained again after we got back, after doing a little shopping at a grimy, dingy, dim gas station in Magoffin county. My parents weren't sure they'd be able to leave for work today (They were off Monday and Tuesday for Memorial Day).


I've set a goal to try and not eat constantly, as is my wont over the summer. As a result, I feel terribly hungry just now. I think I'll wait a bit more, and warm soup, so I'll have what amounts to a proper meal.


Later I think I'll have a post dedicated to what I've been reading over the summer.


My itching head continues to drive me crazy. You may know that we've had a problem with our water for a little over a year, which has resulted in making our water, which was once just an annoyance, a sheer trial. My hair is never really clean, and my scalp itches like an idea.


And I suppose the storms aren't over yet, as I hear rolling in the distance.


I'll not be camping, for those of you reading Sehmket's LiveJournal. Instead, I think I'll lounge about my house some more, and write a bit. For the most part I'm quite enjoying my restful summer, actually. I'm not submerging in any one thing, as I did last summer, and I feel pretty good.


Jeezbus. Turns out, the magazine I submitted my poetry to (a small press publication called Space & Time) is bi-annual, and issue #98 is currently on stands. Hint: I submitted for issue #101. Which means, if I'm accepted, the earliest I could expect to be published would be late next year.


I'm still making the attempt to find all of Michael Moorcock's Elric novels. Not much success. I plan to call Joseph-Beth later today and see if they have them in stock.


If anyone would be interested, there is, purportedly, a medieval festival in Lexington the weekend after this coming. I have no more information than that, however, though I'm trying to find more. It's supposed to be at the horse park, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home