Wednesday, June 02, 2004

It's all the news that's new to me!

In a new turn of events (sarcasm), Microsoft does something stupid!

I've been looking at VoIP for the past week, wondering if I could get high speed internet by skiving off the normal, more expensive phone services. This article offers me a bit of promise in that direction. Though the "DSL" we get here still isn't that great, and it's too expensive. I read somewhere that there's a push to allow people to subscribe to any DSL provider, if they have the connection capability already. So I wonder sometimes if we should just try that. Be all sneaky and such. Pay the installation fees, get hooked up, and then just get another service. I've been seeing commercials for DSL as low as thirty a month, though I dunno if that would go up after a year.

Here's an interesting news bit. Fan of the PDA? You may be a dying breed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home