Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Originally written in class, off-the-cuff, so to speak. Recalled in tranquility (possibly accurately), now:

~~~

I must, I'm afraid, cease censuring myself for a moment, so I can freely say, What the hell?

That is rude, and I apologize, but it was required.

Japanese punks, what's going on over there? You're not really punks, which makes of your title a misnomer. You just color your feather-fluff hair and sneer unconvincingly. You're more like goths than punks, really. Except your music is better, marginally. Which isn't saying much, I'm afraid. That's like saying your music is better than emo, which isn't hard to do, frankly.

I mean, your music isn't even very punk, honestly. Your lyrics are understandable, and any poseur-punk could have told you punk vocals require the sort of drug-chic best left behind in the 90s. You have been too influenced by pop, and while Japanese pop is more listenable than American pop, that does not absolve you.

Let's face it, Japanese punks, you're not, as a whole, asshole enough to beat out the Sex Pistols.

And, Jesus, the Sex Pistols were terrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home