Friday, December 22, 2006

Status report: the bread pudding didn't turn out so well. It tastes good, actually, though I sort-of wish I'd given in to my idea of putting in some brown sugar as well. Next time, I suppose. The problem was that it didn't cook well enough, turns out. The bottom was quite liquidy, and I think I know what happened. I remembered enough to put in a pan of water to keep the oven from killing the pudding -- but I put it on the rack under the pudding. On re-reading everything, I was supposed to put the pudding pan in the water. I'm guessing the pan in the way kept the bottom from heating as much as it should have. I can't think of anything else, as it wasn't just a few minutes from being set properly (disproving my original thought that our oven just doesn't heat as well) and the top is nice and set.

I'm thinking more cinnamon for next time -- the recipe called for a teaspoon, and I put a bit more in anyway. So -- two, I suppose. I finished up the dishes, and here I am, meaning to write some of my postscript. I'm going to post the outline here, incidentally. It's supposed to be around twelve pages, I think, and the outline is very, very sparse. I have the material, I just usually can't remember it all at once. Anyway.


Introduction
Personal side
looking at setting

why are we looking at setting?
In what ways are we looking at setting?

Setting's importance to fantasy in general
it sets fantasy apart (sometimes the draw)
storytelling devices (externalization?)

Setting's importance to my specific fantasy
(same as above)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home