Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Well, here's something to do.

Liza put me on the mailing list, it would seem as I got two emails from her today. The more interesting of the two is about the Dublin Irish Festival. I visited their website after I got the email, and found out some interesting things. For one, Tempest will be there, playing on Saturday and Sunday. (at 2:30 pm and 11:30 am respectively) If you didn't know I suppose I should tell you - the festival is in August, from the sixth to the eighth. Many of you ought to recognize Tempest, as they're one of my favorite bands, and most of you have probably heard them by way of me.

Those of you that weren't tied up the day before Padhraig's Day this year (and were at EKU) got to hear some of Slainte Mhath. They were performing live. And so they're doing again, at the festival, on Saturday (at 6:30 pm). So I'm going to talk to my parents, as they'd be in charge of the getting there aspect, but I hope to get to the festival that Saturday, so I can hear both bands.

The other email was about the Dayton festival, which has such great bands as Wolftone and Teada, but Tempest and Slainte Mhath are two of my favorites, so it wins out. Though I am looking toward buying Teada's new CD, Give Us a Penny & Let Us Be Gone. Their samples, over at Teada.com sound great.

Gautama preserve us, it's nearly a five hour drive, but we'll see what happens, yes? It's only eight dollars a person to get in. You can't beat that with a tipper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home