Saturday, August 05, 2006

"'neath the sun and California wine"

I will say that I'm almost halfway through The Lies of Locke Lamora, and it's one of the best books I've read in a while. I moved things like a bed, table, and a few low stand sort of things into the flat in Richmond. That sucked, and we had to buy a whole new bed set thing, because there was just no way to arrange the bed from downstairs in the bedroom there. It would have swallowed the room. Ah well -- we still needed to buy the mattress and foundation, so it wasn't too bad. This'll be the first place (aside from hotels) where I sleep in a bed larger than a twin size.

I'm wanting to get blocks of blue and green fabric to decorate my walls there, too. I'm not sure exactly how to go about this. I suppose the simplest thing would be to cut out the blocks and attach them to a wall, but I was wondering if there was a way to attach them all to a common piece and put it up, as one? Almost like a quilt, I suppose. That would involve a good deal of sewing, though.

A friend tells me you can put the stuff up using starch. Does anyone know how easily removed the fabric would be? I have to vacate in ten months, and I'd like to get as much of my deposit back as possible.

Well, that was nicely humdrum and not quite whiny. I need to get out and see people before classes start, seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home