Saturday, December 23, 2006

So, I just started -- and, er, finished -- the third Series of Unfortunate Events book, The Wide Window. Everything I've said before is still true, essentially. Good writing, awful things, so on. I liked the rather low-key revelation concerning arson near the end, though, and I wonder if the narrator's reference, midway through, to a loved one being plucked up by an eagle to feed its young has anything to do with Beatrice. And if you know, one way or the other, keep your big face-mouth shut. I'm reading the books, I'll find out eventually. Though apparently I should wait until I've read all but the last before I can move on to Letters. Sigh.

That's about it. Now I'm going to the website and see if I can figure out what Sunny's saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home