Thursday, June 10, 2004

A few links of note

Interested in Vin Diesel? If you're not, you'll at least like him a little more after this interview. He's gotta be one of the biggest DnD geeks I've ever heard. And I didn't know he produced Chronicles of Riddick. I am still much excited about that movie, by the way.

If you hadn't heard, Hayden remindes us all of Harlan Ellison's plight over at Making Light. A short version: Ellison found out some smacktard was pirating all his books, and hosting them online. Still retaining the copyright for that, he protested. Two of the three parties settled - AOL's still fighting him to some extent, though there are noises of settling there as well. Or something.

Leo Laporte's going to Canada. Sort of. He's getting a new show for TechTV. Not G4TechTV, but TechTV Canada. Does that mean we'll get to see him here in the States? No one has any idea. Blah.

I've been mucking about with these things most of the day. Whether you like Macintosh computers or not, most people will admit the interface looks nice. And someone compiled all the tools you need to mimic that look. Just now I've got the theme going, so my menus and windows look the part. I've also got the nice calendar program, just cause it's a nice date-keeper. I'm downloading the .zip full of icons. I tried out one of the docking programs before, and tried another today, along with the objectbar, which is the taskbar at the top of the screen. I'm not too keen on those. The bar looked weird and all "safe mode," like it was in a different resolution. And the object dock was slow and annoying. Maybe I'll try the other program again, but I think I prefer the taskbar I'm used to. More updates later, probably with screenshots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home