Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Glorious.

I finally came up with the idea to save my frigging capital city (in my story, you fools). I'd planted the whole city in a ring of small mountains, just for a bit of setting. I realized what I could actually do with that. Today I added a creepy fairy intimidating the hell out of the characters, popping out of the forest on the hillside and making cryptic comments. The native girl was familiar with it. So I just happened to think: the mountains can be a fairy ring. A huge, powerful, scary fairy ring. Why else would a city constrain itself like that? Woo.

That's about it. In the day events category, I watched a crapload of Invader ZIM today. Several episodes, with and without the commentary. Several neat facts: the line "radioactive tiny pants" was supposed to be "radioactive tiny ants." And the person who originally voiced ZIM? Mark Hamil. And then Billy West. (They never said it directly, but I suspect a tiny budget forcing them to pick their third choice.) I do prefer their third choice though. I can't remember his name. Rick something. He did Dagget in Angry Beavers. Billy West was far too recognizable, and not really crazy enough. (His voice remains in the unaired pilot that's on the DVD.) I haven't heard Mark Hamil's rendition, but I wonder how much like his Joker voice it sounded like? I could see the two sounding similar, and that wouldn't be good at all.

Here's an interesting article with an idea I grow to like: abolishing the FCC It makes a lot of good points. A scientist thinks he's got information that can settle the Atlantis quandary. Wondrous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home