Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Writing update

The book, oddly enough, goes swimmingly. I used two wonderful words in the span of three pages (ponce and asperse) and segued into the prerequisite dream sequence without realizing what I was heading towards. It's quite rewarding to find oneself hitting all the marks for the standard plot without ticking them all off apurpose. Rewarding indeed.

SuperOpie mentioned is his blog an occurence with his transportation, so perhaps he'll be visiting tomorrow. I hope I don't leave and miss him, but I'm getting a bit tired of the cooped up feeling. He has the day off, I think he said, so I could just call or something. We'll see.

I found that my first order of books shipped from New York today, and that's as good a time as any to tell everyone about abebooks.com. It's a wonderful database site for used books. You can find nearly anything, and they have a great search system, so you can find exactly what you want. You can even search exclusively for hardcovers, or try to find books signed by the author. And usually the seller tells you the condition of the book, so there's no risk there. Paperbacks, even paper copies of discontinued books, can often be found for a dollar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home