Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Not a lot of note today.

I'm rather jealous of this little promotion: incoming Duke students are getting free iPods. I mean... curse it all. Why don't I get a free piece of three hundred dollar hardware?

This is just hilarious: digital camera tripod or water bottle? You decide. Some Japanese company sells an attachment to turn a (full, if you want it to stand up) bottle of water/soda/whatever into a small tripod for your camera. After seeing that on Boingboing, some guy pieced together a do-it-yourself version.

I read a good deal today, clearing out several sections of The Hero with a Thousand Faces. I started Return today. I'm also making a good deal of headway in Quicksilver. It has a slow little section wherein one of the characters is settling into Versailles and writes lots of letters about money and politics. But eventually she starts doing actual things again, and it talks about Daniel, too. It also referenced the second book in the series, which I found hilarious.

I think I'm getting pretty good at the bodhran. I worked up something that sounds like a military cadence, which is something, considering the nature of the instrument. It has to do with the tone, and getting nice, regular backhands. Also, dropping the tone to simulate the bass drums is fun, even if it doesn't always work (i.e. if I'm very tired I can't move my hand the distance I need quickly enough, so I get halfway instead). Still fun, though.

I also decided to call my illusionist witch fairies "merciless ladies." Without capitals, you might notice. Dubbed so, as Danielle informs the other characters, because of an old poem. Hell, I think it's funny. You can go to hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home