Sunday, December 24, 2006

Tired. Well, this has been a busy day. I actually went shopping with my Mom, because I needed ingredients for the several things I mean to make over the break here. I actually made supper tonight -- green pepper steak, one of my favorite things to get when I eat out. It turned out really well, and both my parents even liked it. I meant to get a picture (yes, I'm a nerd) but I forgot. So, later, maybe. I also mean to try and bake some bread, make fruitcake, and these honey-roasted sweet potatoes I saw a few days ago. I have everything I need except the myriad fruits and nuts for the fruitcake -- I'll have to go to Morehead for those.

My parents let me "open" my gifts (that is, take them out of the plastic bags, they didn't bother to wrap them this year) earlier. I have a sueded shirt that I'm a little uneasy about, but we'll see -- a set of bartending tools, including metal mixer, double jigger, waiter's corksrew, Also they got me the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie (with the music CD), Beowulf and Grendel, which I've heard weird, bad things about, but I'll definitely try it no worries, as well as Yoshi's Island DS, Super Princess Peach, and Guitar Hero II.

Yeah, Guitar Hero II. Woo!

That's pretty much my day. I need to try to write something, as well as read more of Herzog (bleh). I did my reading of The Lord of the Rings -- today Bilbo gives Frodo his mithril armor and Sting. Tomorrow the Ring goes south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home