Thursday, December 28, 2006

I thought I should let you people know that Good Eats has taken my break in its warm, medium-rare grip. Seriously, I'm re-watching episodes for fun. Tomorrow I'm off to Morehead -- primarily, it seems, because my mother wants to keep us in stock of the lactose-free milk I require, which no one in this town thinks they should sell. However, while there, I'll be trying to cobble together the necessary bits for fruitcake, as well as an imitation steak au poivre (that is, we won't be buying tenderloin cuts, but peppercorn? Sure.) Of course, I can't have normal heavy cream -- has anyone bothered to pull the lactose from that product yet? If not I may have to fake the pan sauce with flour. It worked well enough with the pepper steak. Hm.

Yes, I'm crazy. Also, you may be interested that we don't have any aprons around, so Christmas day I ended up wandering around in an old white smock my parents brought me from their work. I'll end up in it again, I suppose, as I mean to start the pre-ferment for my bread tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home