Monday, August 07, 2006

"I was meant for derision"

There are certain things I can't let pass without spreading them as far as I can. These are some of those:

From Gmail's little RSS thing: "practical" personal blimps. Well, finally. I was bitching, just last night, about how I've always felt we abandoned blimps too soon, because some Nazi idiot thought it would be a good idea to use hydrogen instead of helium (it's possible they had no choice, I don't care).

Seriously, blimps could provide a reasonably inexpensive transport method within certain distances. I wouldn't want to cross the Atlantic in one, as it would take quite a while, but would I take one from Louisville to Cincinatti (connecting flight #1 for my Britain trip last year)? Hell yeah. They could hit 80mph back in the Hindenburg days, and don't have to bother about road turns, you see.

Straight to BoingBoing: "Only Traitors try to make us afraid of terrorists. There's quite the set of arguments, ranging from statistical to practical, claiming we shouldn't be reacting the way we are to terrorists. View, and be enlightened.

Again from BoingBoing: SciFi Channel is hosting the first episode of a cartoon called "The Amazing Screw-On Head." They're actually taking comments from viewers, and if enough like it, they'll commission the entire series. That's quality TV service. I'm gonna check out the episode as soon as I'm back in high-speed land. Anyway, it's a steampunk with a secret agent reporting to Abraham Lincoln.

I ganked this from a v. old post in Lynch's LiveJournal:
A picture from the Mars rover that's a little better than five feet away. Seriously, they tooled the rover up a hill and took a breath-taking (literally, if you're a nerd like me) picture of Mars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home