Friday, December 29, 2006

Well, I did more cooking -- hurrah, or whatever. I thought you might like to see my attempt to make fruitcake. If you look closely you can see my grandmother's flour sifter, full; that green pot has all my wet ingredients, and the nuts are in that baking dish. Look behind the sifter, there's my dad's mallet. I needed it for the cloves and allspice berries. Cooking is fun. ^_^

Anyway, Here is the mass of wet ingredients. And here is the finished product, which I de-panned just ten minutes ago, and sprinkled with a second dose of brandy. Dad apparently intends to try some tonight, but beyond that we'll see how far I can age it. It may make a good New Year's dish, if I actually see anyone for New Year's -- usually I'm just at home, watching television with my parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home