Monday, August 07, 2006

"crooked was the path, and brazen was the walk"

So, I wrote 2844 words today. I finished the short story I started last week -- I wrote over half of it today, that 2844 words. Keep in mind, I'm used to shooting for 1000 words per day. I'm impressed, at least.

I just wish I could keep this up when school started, because I'm finally getting ideas to congeal for another novel, featuring that lovable (well, not hateful) Derik, thief of many panic-attacks.

Maybe I should give him one of those stereotypical fantasy names, and it would be Derik the Panicky, or Derik the Easily Panicked. I should probably sit on that until I come up with a more descriptive version, but something along those lines.

Let me say, though, that this latest story isn't funny. Not really at all. I was mean to characters, actually, and it feels kinda good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home